Heartburn is an unpleasant phenomenon that is easy to avoid. If this is not possible, you can also calm the condition in a natural way.
Heartburn, or so-called gastro-pharyngeal reflux, is an unpleasant ailment in which stomach acid or partially digested food is returned down the esophagus back to the mouth. Avoid heartburn by:
– do not rush to eat and do nothing else during the meal;
– chew food well;
– stop eating before you feel full;
– enjoy small meals several times a day;
– Avoid foods that you know are causing you problems.
If that doesn’t help, you can try one of the natural remedies instead of antacids and other medications:
– Drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with water before a meal;
– Chew licorice without glycyrrhetinic acid several times a day (a special type of licorice);
– Eat digestive enzymes between meals.